Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Love To See The (Draper) Temple!


Today our family had the privilege of touring the Draper Temple open house. It was absolutely beautiful! The day was kind of a drizzly, cloudy day, but to us it was perfect! Not too cold and just a hint of Spring peeking out with the green lawns that we passed (just bits and pieces of snow here and there).


It is so thrilling to have kids old enough to come out of the temple saying, "Boy I sure felt the spirit", or "I want to be married in THAT temple some day!!" They were so reverent and respectful, I was really proud of all of them.
Now, just in case you're getting a case of "Ug, another perfect family" syndrome, not to worry, the bickering started up in the van leaving. Karl said, "can't we wait at least 15 mins. for Satan to get us?"
Ashlyn was beside herself with joy at the thought of taking the BUS! They shuttled us from a church parking lot to the temple and she could hardly stand it! Upon boarding she told the volunteer, "I've never been on a bus!" then, "I've never sat in the back of the bus before, now I want to try the front..." Maybe on the way home. "I've never looked out a window in a bus!"
"We get to take the bus back? Yes!!"
Hail to the bus.

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of your family! My family will be going to the Draper temple next week. I can't wait! My kids are excited too. What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those precious moments with children! I treasure every one. You have a darling little family. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. WASN'T THE TEMPLE BEAUTIFUL?! WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT THERE WOULD BE 4 TEMPLES IN SALT LAKE COUNTY?!

    ReplyDelete