Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pre-dinner conversations

Taylor was up on the counter watching me make dinner yesterday. I was just kind of wingin' it and throwing things in to make an enchilada casserole. Apparently it wasn't looking very appetizing and Taylor got a concerned look on his face.

First question: "What are you making?"
Oh, it's just a casserole.
"Have we had this before?"
Sort of.
"Well, what is it called?" (concern growing...)
Oh, I'm just sort of making it up.
He takes a deep breath, be patient, she's just a mom.
"Well, what do you THINK it's called?"
I'm catchin' on now...Oh, it's called...uh...
"wonderfully, delicious, chicken enchiladas with fresh ground corn tortillas, cheese, and refried beans".
He's unimpressed.
Note to self, just call it Thomas the Train enchiladas next time...

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I've found that I have to leave the word "onion" out of my ingredient lists when the kids ask, "What's in this?" If I grate the onion on the cheese grater before I add it to a recipe, the kids don't notice it's in there and the food still tastes good lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to make yummy food that my kids hate thinking that at some point they will realize how good it is and be thankful. Instead, they continue to prefer mac and cheese. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete