Monday, February 2, 2009

February, my new leaf...

When the rest of the world is busy making new years resolutions in January, I typically find myself trying to re-coup from the holidays, packing stuff away, de-junking, getting kids back on track with school and activities etc. It's simply too much for me to re-vamp my life as well, so February is my month to start fresh! In my attempts to comb through my time and priorities, I ran across a quote from Elder Richard G. Scott, when I gave the visiting teaching message. This is my platform for any goal or change I want to make this year. (if it's in writing it sticks...:)

"You cannot today remotely imagine what that decision to be unwaveringly obedient to the Lord will allow you to accomplish in life. Your quiet, uncompromising determination to live a righteous life will couple you to inspiration and power beyond your capacity now to understand" ("Making the Right Decisions," Ensign, May 1991, 34).

My goal for this year is simple. Unwavering obedience.

Love those 2 powerful words.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that thought! I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it! I'm following you're lead. Unwavering Obedience for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you would focus on those two words. Those are the two words I taught about when v.teaching too. Why reinvent the wheel? Elder Scott makes the path very clear.Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when are you not unwaveringly obedient? You really are an inspiration. I think I'll try to follow Elder Scott's advice too. Thats for being you!

    ReplyDelete