Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Light and Flame


"Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame"

Henry David Thoreau


Here's to my light and my flame:


I used to love you for taking me out to plays and ballets, now I love you for watching simple "chick flicks" with a bowl of cereal in bed.


I used to admire the way you meticulously cleaned your car, now I admire the silent way you take care of the dishes (with the kids) to give me a break each day.


I used to admire your courage to "backpack" through Europe, now I admire your courage to get up at 6:00am each morning to catch the bus and work day in and day out for our family.


I used to admire how smart you were at the game of Chess, now I admire your patience to sit for hours and play Risk with the boys, or Old Maid with Ash and Tay.


I used to love to watch you make amazing pieces of furniture, now I admire your ability to put your own interests aside to tackle my "honey-do list".


I used to love it when you told me I was beautiful as we headed out to an amazing symphony, (well, I still like that...) but more importantly, I love that you think I'm beautiful first thing in the morning, and never hesitate to tell me how much you appreciate all I do.


You spend EVERY Saturday morning, 5:30 am attending the temple, sacrificing the one day you can sleep in.


You spend your free time fixing flat bicycle tires (teaching the boys and their friends at your side..), playing games with our kids in place of a Sunday afternoon nap, helping our kids with their math, building a "fort" in the backyard, holding interviews with our kids, overseeing the spirituality of our family and a million other amazing things. Most of all you bring lots of love and laughter to our home.


You truly are my light and my flame. Love You!


Happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments: