Thursday, December 11, 2014

Worker bees

Early on Karl and I decided that our kids would learn to work, and work hard.  Every time Karl takes on a project either inside or outside, he recruits a kid or two to be his apprentice.  
Sometimes the kids love it, sometimes not so much..;) 
They do amaze me at what they can do!

Connor and Karl tackled one of our storage rooms.  
The two of them started from scratch, framing, insulating, sheet rocking, painting, tiling, measuring and cutting baseboards and then getting the shelves back up and organized.  
It looks amazing!!
There is a cold storage behind that door, but that get's to stay the way it is..;)

Every summer Parker and Connor haul hay for a local farmer. They get up early before the heat, work hard for hours, come home with hay in their socks, but with smiles on their faces.  It helps when your friends are all doing it together.


Taylor learned how to mow this summer!

Parker landed a job at the coveted Water Garden's Movie Theater!  
They are very picky on who they hire, and there are about 10+ kids after the same job!


My pantry has needed re-painting for years!!  I finally bit the bullet, emptied my shelves and tackled  the job.  I don't have a picture, but actually Alyssa did most of it!!


I thought I might go insane there for a while with all my food on my counters!  
None of us could find anything!!

It looks a lot brighter yellow than it actually is, 
Happiness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment