Thursday, May 21, 2009

Man of...New York City???

Parker's 5th grade class put on an "opera" for the school and parents this week. The Utah Opera company comes into the schools and brainstorms with the kids in the Fall for ideas, and then they write the play and music for the kids to perform. Parker's class came up with "Don Quixote visits New York". Guess who played Don Quixote?? My mouth dropped too, my "I don't like drama or singing mom" Parker boy. I have to say he was fantastic, a natural comedic actor. I suppose that's why it worked for him, he could be silly and carry around a plunger attacking windmills, and that made it all ok.



He got special permission to bring a wooden shield that he and his dad made a few summers ago.
Scientists trying to figure out how to get the people of La Mancha back home.

Parker was thrilled when he was able to keep the plunger! I said, "oh good, we needed another one, for your bathroom Parker! Learn how to use it well!!"

Don Quixote and side kick Sancho. (aka Parker and Mitch)

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Parker! Looks like it was an awesome play.

    ReplyDelete