Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Derby

Once again, it is Pinewood Derby time. I must admit I'm not at all fond of this ritual. Maybe it's because I'm not a boy, and have no memories of building cars and racing them (never did that for fun either). But I think more than anything, I don't like it because it means there is one winner and 25 losers (our ward has a lot of boys). The boys get disappointed, and even though we practically have family home evenings discussing that it's "just for fun, you get to spend time with dad making something cool, and race, etc!"
Deep inside, EVERY boy wants to win. Connor worked through the disappointment though and was a good sport, despite his competitive nature. Good job bud!

Racing for fun after the competition.

He designed this all by himself, with a back trunk and cool visor for the lego guy.


1 comment: