Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life in Slow Motion

Do you ever look at a space of time (like 2 weeks) and think, "I've lived a month in that 2 weeks!" Life has flown, yet each event seemed to go in slow motion. We started out having our "cousins" come to visit us from St. George. My wonderful friend Carrie and her family graced us with their presence for about 24 hours, but we sure had fun visiting and playing. My kids (well, Ashlyn and Taylor) think they really are our cousins...I'll certainly claim them!!

On Monday we received some very sad news. Karl's best friend from 9th grade through H.S. was dying from cancer. We knew he was undergoing treatment, however didn't know he had taken a dramatic turn, and only had days, if not hours left on this earth. We made a quick decision to go to Lake Havasu, AZ to see him and offer support to his family. They are not members of the church, and we hoped to bring some peace that only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can offer. I don't know how successful we were, but we went and were grateful to have a few last moments with him and his sweet family.

Also included in these past 2 weeks, was a bridal shower (I had the opportunity to host..) for one of my former Young Women...the house got really clean all at the same time...yeah!

I attended a birthday luncheon for my good friend Stephanie, (happy 21st!!), watched Alyssa amaze us as she sang with her Jr. High Choir, (and even participated in a beautiful trio), helped Parker prepare for a BYU Scouting Pow Wow by helping him collect 10 insects/spiders, identify 12 birds in the field, arrange for him to attend a community meeting...and a hundred other "homework" assignments pre-requisite to the Pow Wow.

AND...
I've been quite sick with a bad cold and cough through it all....poor me I know, but it really is getting annoying. The bad news is that I haven't read my scriptures for at least a week...nope not one page. I'll repent tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment