Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!


Ashlyn, (my party girl) came to me last week and said, "Mom, I think we need a GIRL PARTY!" Party? Of Course! I love a good girl party! So we invited all the girls in her kindergarten class (and Megan across the street of course), and planned a shindig.

We had fun food, made bead bracelets, decorated candy bags, then hid them in the yard for fun, but mostly the girls just soaked up all the beautiful sunshine and played outside.


Playing outside after a long, cold winter.

Does it get any better than this??


Decorating our bags :)

"Mom, you're the 'maker', and I'll be the 'bringer'."



While planning the party, Taylor asked "Am I invited?"

Ashlyn turned to him matter of factly and said,

"You can be our servant."

He thought and thought, then asked "are any other boys coming?"

"No just YOU!" (Hmmm, just me huh? I must be pretty lucky!

Ok, I'm in!)

He agreed with a smile.

The morning of the party, Ashlyn was sitting at the table, wrapped in her soft, cozy blanket, and with complete seriousness in her voice said to Taylor, "Tay, I think you better practice serving, by bringing me a bowl and some juice." I gave "the look" to that little stinker, and said, "no Taylor, you'll do just fine. You don't have to serve Ashlyn."

He said, "Oh, no mom, I think I'd better practice," and he served her breakfast.
Oh brother!!

2 comments: