Friday, January 23, 2009

What Was I Thinking???




OK, so I'll admit, I'm a little over protective at times with my kids, but only when I sense eminent danger, you know, like when we're hiking up a large waterfall, and the kids peer over the edge, or they decide to take the longest, most jump-filled sledding run at "the Bowl" in AF Canyon, etc.

Well, I happen to think camping in a snow cave in the middle of winter qualifies as well, but it seems to be a rite of passage for all 11 yr. old scouts. Who in their right mind would even think that would be FUN?? Apparently all of the 11-12 yr. old scouts and their leaders...anyway, I finally gave in, the pressure was too great. (Karl: he'll be fine, we all did it, boys love that kind of thing! Parker: not so much what he said, but how he bounded in the door following scouts, jumping up and down, waving his supply list.) What's a mom to do? He went, and now I'm praying he'll be warm and safe.

I did however threaten each leader with his life if my boy is not brought back with every finger and toe intact, and left instructions to not let him burn any clothing in the fire...I think Parker was thrilled to see his mom FINALLY leave the parking lot.
He did look really happy to be there, though. (probably because I bought him all his favorite treats!!)
Here's to SNOW CAMPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment