Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!




We were inundated with lots of snow the past week. Actually I love it! I love the fires in our fireplace. The boys love starting them...Connor spent about 10 minutes perfecting the "Teepee" fire. I love the hot chocolate, (I'm addicted) and I love just having an excuse to sit on the floor and play with Taylor and his Geo Trax train set. The kids had a great time gathering their friends and heading to the church to sled and build snow forts. Someone in the ward was even pulling sleds with their 4-wheel drive and the kids hopped on. I have to admit though, I'm VERY grateful for a snowblower. I've spent many hours in the past, shoveling snow, and though it's good exercise, (I think?), I'd rather do step aerobics or yoga in a warm environment.
I was recently released from serving in the Young Women program. I've been in for over 3 years and have loved it, but I'm ready for a change. I've been with the Young Women for over 14 years of my almost 18 years of marriage and look forward to other opportunities, not to mention free Wednesday nights!! Woo hoo, tonight was my first night to stay home when my 3 oldest kids left for YW and Scouts.

3 comments:

  1. You're getting pretty good at this blogging business. Love the snow and cold huh? Well, I think you just want a good excuse to cuddle up to Karl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i can't believe they released you from The Young Woman's Program. You'll have to let us know when you get a new calling. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow too! I don't like driving in it but I love the hot choclate and watching the kids play in it! Great job getting your music up and running! See you at areobics.

    ReplyDelete