Saturday, January 24, 2009

All Is Well!!

So how did Parker do, you ask?? He had a GREAT TIME! Apparently they didn't build snow caves, but slept outside in their homemade "burrito". Parker said he was warm during the night, with his tarp over him, even though it was raining sleet all night. He even gave his favorite, fuzzy, warm blanket to a boy who was wet and cold. That's Parker for ya.

He said the beef stew was awesome, but he wasn't so hot on the oatmeal in the morning. I was so proud of him. He was as happy coming home as he was leaving even though his double wool socks inside his boots were soaked and he didn't own a dry thing! I quickly fed him some sausage, eggs, and hot chocolate and let him take a long warm bath in my jetted tub...I felt better anyway...oh, and you'll never guess what I unpacked from his backpack...DEODORANT? What's that all about, I have to pratically force it on him for school and church. Oh, well, good to have my boy back.

Do they do this EVERY YEAR??

4 comments:

  1. Our little Parker is becoming a man! The fact that mom was worried only increases his manly feelings. Way to go Park! ...and the next time you tell the story, remember that it was hailing golf ball sized hail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do this every year!! Isn't it great! So many wonderful memories being made. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK....when are they going to invite grandma's to go on those camp outs??? WHAT???? I don't think I heard you right. Well, if that's the case, I'll just keep my chocolate doughnuts to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake looks forward to this every year. He's practically giddy when Klondike rolls around! This year, they camped in tents in -6 degree weather. Not something I would like to do, but he came back with a huge smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete