Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Christmas miracle

A couple weeks before Christmas I started getting tooth ache. It was under a crown that I had had for many years, and one that had already had a root canal.   The dentist put me on an antibiotic hoping it would go away. After a week, it still hurt, so the dentist sent me to an endodontist to see if there was a second root.  Sure enough there was a second root that was found with their fancy equipment and the guy drilled into my crown and cleaned out the infected root.  Let me say, it was nothing short of torture!   I HATE going to the dentist!  I practically need valium to walk through into the office!  I sat in that chair for an hour and almost passed out with all the smells, the drilling sounds and those gloves in my mouth.   Dramatic I know, but I was on the edge!  As I drove home from SLC, my mouth still hurt, like nothing had been done.  This is Monday...Christmas is on Thursday.  I'm hosting the Baxter party Monday night, and the Christmas Eve party on Wednesday.  My mouth ached and zinged every time something touched that tooth!   I was restricted to a liquid diet and was in misery!  I made it through the party's and tried to get a hold of the endodontist on Christmas Eve to see what else we could do.  Finally at 10:30pm he called me back and called in another prescription to a pharmacy that would be open on Christmas Day.  Meanwhile I'm a mom who needs to get Christmas ready for my kiddos. My sweet husband gave me a priesthood blessing and I poured out my heart to Heavenly Father to please help me get through Christmas without pain.  At 11:15pm, I was finishing some dishes, and suddenly realized that my tooth didn't hurt anymore.  I carefully put my teeth together to bite down to test my pain level, and it was gone!  I could chew!  The pain never returned.  I slept well that night and woke up to a beautiful, pain free Christmas morning with my family.
 I believe in prayer.
I believe in the power of the Priesthood.  
I know Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of everything I need.  
I was grateful beyond words that night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment