Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer odds and ends...

Summer is full of lots of big family parties, and holiday celebrations which usually get more attention in a blog, but for me, my happiest memories are just the simple things that make summer great. 
We got a new sound system for our outdoor movie projector.  Fun family night, just watching a movie in our backyard, and eating popcorn.

Connor decided he wanted to play lacrosse this summer. He is still playing soccer, but his friends were playing rec lacrosse, and he joined up.  It has been SO fun! I had never even seen the sport played until a month ago, and I'm hooked!  Connor is an awesome goalie!

I can buy a huge watermelon and by the end of the day, my boys have finished it off!

This was just an impromptu family night game...we couldn't stop laughing!

They're all secretly saying, "hurry and take the picture, my back is hurting! ;)

Selling kool-aid.  The girls make pretty good money, which all gets spent at the local shaved ice shack.

Gathering nuts for the winter.  
Karl's friend was cutting down a couple large trees in his yard, and offered the wood to us.  We took it in a heartbeat!  Thank goodness for all these strong boys willing to help us load and unload.
Unloading in our backyard...
A lovely sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment