Thursday, July 11, 2013

Graduation

Our Alyssa graduated from High School!  Yes, I feel really old, but I'm also extremely proud of her!  She is one of those girls who is just a "good girl".  We never had to give her a curfew, because she always came in at a reasonable time.  She is obedient and loves her Heavenly Father.  Alyssa has spent the last 2 years serving in the Special Need Mutual program as a special needs youth counselor.  This means EVERY Thursday, she attended mutual with her buddy (a girl with severe autism).  She loved this calling, and excelled in working with those with special needs.  Alyssa loves music, and enjoyed participating in Chamber Choir (the elite choir of American Fork High School) this past year.

Her graduation announcement!  My photographer friend (shaunahuntphotography.com) and I took Alyssa on a fun photo shoot!

 
I hosted a family graduation dinner for Alyssa and Matt, my brother-in-law who just graduated from Medical School.

This is Matt and Ally.  Matt graduated the day after Alyssa in Arizona, so we were unable to attend his graduation.  He will be an amazing Podiatrist!!

It was a privilege to iron my daughters graduation gown, kind of surreal.

Ready for the world!!!

I was on the wrong end of the Marriot Center, but at least we see her!


Grandpa and Grandma Jensen

Grandpa and Grandma Baxter

Karl and I...:)

The fam!!
I put together a video of Alysa's growing up years, and showed it at her graduation dinner.  
It makes me cry every dang time!!





1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe that Alyssa graduated! So glad I have been able to know you, your family, and your parents!

    ReplyDelete