Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sucking the happiness...

Do you have a child that absolutely DOES NOT LIKE TO SHOP FOR CLOTHES?  
Well, I do.  (I heard that sympathetic, ooooh..."  
Thank you.  
Anyway, Parker has grown like 5 inches and totally needs new threads, not to mention he won't be wearing uniforms this year at his high school.  Oh, and EFY is coming up next week, and he needed something appropriate to wear.  So we went SHOPPING!  
Now, I LOVE TO SHOP!  I do.  It is fun, and exciting, and I thoroughly enjoy it, so I have a hard time relating, but I AM a girl...  yada yada yada.  Well Parker was somewhat compliant, but not without mumbling under his breath...
I took notes:
"This place is like a dementor, it sucks my happiness, and depletes my energy."
"I hate shopping!" he repeated this at least 10x.
"There was a booger stuck to that last pair of pants, I SAW IT!"
EWWWW!
"This is where little boy's dreams go to die..."
WHAT?
"When we get new clothes we can't do all the things we love, like climbing trees, and playing in the mud...because we'll get our new clothes dirty...and our moms will get mad."
OH...
"Goodness, I wish I was hauling hay right now!"
When we finished, and left the store, he said, "I feel like the chopped off piece of my soul finally came back.."
WELL, THAT'S GOOD I GUESS.

Let me just say, he has been wearing those awesome clothes every day this week...
MOM WINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment