Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Miracles...
This past season I've been privy to a few sweet experiences.  I am a believer in miracles, and am grateful for God's presence in our lives 
Miracle #1:  I was in line at the post office...half-hour wait at least, when I saw a girl approach the counter.  She was trying to mail something, and found herself $2.00 short.  Without hesitation, an older lady in the window next to her handed the girl $2.00.  The older woman looked to be on a fixed income, and I'm sure this was no small sacrifice for her.  Everyone around me noticed the exchange, and someone voiced, "I guess there really are good people in the world." 
Yes, there are.
Miracle #2:  I was shopping in a clothing store, when I noticed a young mother struggling with her small son.  He had had it, and was letting his mom know he was DONE SHOPPING!  A little older, experienced mom noticed the stressed mom and boy, and dug into her purse to produce a small candy cane.  She quietly offered the treat to the mom, and asked, "do you think this might help?"  The mom looked greatly relieved, and said, "oh, I would LOVE THAT!"  The little boy was a happy camper long enough for his mom to finish her shopping.

Miracle #3:  Yesterday the kids and I went hiking in the canyon with my parents, some of my siblings and their kids.  When we got back to the van, Parker worriedly told me that he had lost his pocket knife somewhere along the way.  He had been all over the mountain, up and down the hills, not to mention there were patches of snow.  I really didn't have any desire to go look for the knife, feeling it was a needle in a haystack, and tried to tell him we'd just buy another one.  He looked so sad, so I gave in, and we set out to retrace our steps.  We decided we needed Heavenly Father's help, so we said a prayer first.  Following the prayer, Parker said, "I think it may be over by the bridge up ahead."  Sure enough, we saw it right by the bridge, lying in the snow. 
God loves His children, and he is aware of even the simplest of needs...
whether it be $2.00,
 a candy cane, or
 finding a pocket knife!

The Bridge...:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Heather. You really caught up on a lot of Jensen happenings within the last little while. So cute, darling and heart warming posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete