Sunday, October 6, 2013

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference weekend, and I know many of you do too.  There seems to be a good spirit that rests on our home, and we as a family seem to have more time together.  Ashlyn is done with soccer...until indoor soccer begins, and Connor did have an away game in Logan in the afternoon, but the morning was ours.  We spent it cleaning up the garden and trimming the flowers and bushes in the yard.  Karl took the boys to Logan, and then to the Priesthood session at a local Stake Center up there, while I continued to work late into the evening on the yard.  I even got to mow the lawn!  I know it's crazy, but I really like mowing, it just takes forever.  We usually start our boys at 8 yrs. mowing the lawn, so it's been a very long time since I've done it.  I also love working in the yard, then getting up the next morning to enjoy all my hard work. I even took Karl on a little "fieldtrip"...
"and then I trimmed this, or weeded that...:)" 
 He gives me just the right reaction...
"Wow!  It looks amazing, you worked so hard yesterday!" 
"Yes I did".
It was great to have Alyssa home for the weekend as well.
By the time we were done, this little truck of ours was over flowing!!

Karl re-stained the chicken coop, doesn't it look amazing??

On Sunday we had a beautiful breakfast of German pancakes, eggs, sausage and hash browns, then watched General Conference, had delicious Cafe Rio for dinner, and homemade raspberry ice cream for a yummy dessert.  Featuring our home-grown raspberries that Ashlyn has been picking and freezing.
   It is the yummiest homemade raspberry ice cream you will ever taste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment