Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Traditions


I don't know about you, but sometimes I find myself with the belief, that if I don't maintain certain Christmas traditions, then my children will grow up scarred and dysfunctional, and it will all be traced back to the "year we didn't make sugar cookies..." etc. OK, so I really don't believe this, however my kids seem to think that Christmas really won't be as good without the following...
 Gingerbread houses.  My sisters generously donated their leftover supplies to us! 
 Ash and Taylor!  You wouldn't believe this, (OK, so maybe you veterans would..) but these works of art took about 2 hours of our evening!  2 LONG HOURS...
 This is my baby...I love my Christmas village!  Taylor helped me put everything up, and we just let our imaginations go as we turned out all the lights and stared at our magical village!
 The tree is up, and decorated, now we just count, arrange, and re-arrange our presents every day!

Arranging and re-arranging...
                              Lights...I am dysfunctional without lights on the house! Hey wait, is that my 13yr. old on the highest pitch of our roof! I just have to close my eyes!!
OK, so this was HILARIOUS!  I was asked to provide a game for Taylor's Kindergarten party, so I decided to put a spin on "The Limbo", by dressing up each group as Santa, and making them limbo with fat tummies and red shirts!  It became the hit game of the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment