Friday, January 7, 2011

Birthday Season


Six of our seven birthdays are in the Fall, which makes for a busy birthday season. I guess technically Connor is summer with a mid-Aug. b-day, but then the non-stop party begins with Karl's birthday early in Sept. and doesn't end until Nov. 1st. Karl celebrated his birthday in Texas watching Parker achieve his black belt. He said that was the best present ever! I turned the big 4-0, and...well...let's just say I survived. Truthfully it was just bad timing, and celebrating a birthday wasn't our priority at the time, so it came and went. I figure I've had 39 fantastic birthdays, so what if one of them wasn't the bash of the century. Life is good.


The fun news is that Alyssa turned 16! I'm baffled as to why more pics weren't taken, because we really did have a great time. We took her out to dinner, had a fun family party, then treated her and 4 of her closest friends to spend an entire day at Lagoon. I also took her to a Jon Schmidt concert, and I even got a CD signed (this showed up as a surprise under the Christmas tree...she loved it!) Parker turned 13, and Taylor turned 6 yrs.


Alyssa just read her official invite to the Jon Schmidt concert!


Alyssa's friend brought her a brownie cake!  Now that's my kind of cake!

 Taylor's pinata!  Alyssa took him all by herself (new driver and all...) and they picked it out together!
The kids each searched their rooms for a present for Alyssa...Ashlyn gave her a stuffed animal..:)

Connor made and decorated Taylor's cake all by himself! 

Alyssa got an iLive to listen to and charge her iPod.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was some major catch up. So fun to see pics of all the things I knew happened but wasn't there for. :)

    ReplyDelete