Monday, March 1, 2010

Sadness and the Savior

I relate to these parents. All they desire is for the
Savior to love and bless their children
and to make them whole. Just the essentials.
It's amazing how much life can change in an instant, how much can get packed into a couple of weeks, and how difficult, meaningless and hopeless it would all be without the gospel of Jesus Christ. Last week a friend of mine, a darling new mother, was in a terrible car accident. She is doing well, considering the head trauma she incurred, and is a miracle. My beautiful sister in law Stephanie lost her baby 1/2 way through her pregnancy, and she and Nate have had to mourn the loss of this little one, as we have mourned with her. We've just had a terrible earthquake in Chile, and wonder what the devastation will bring to that area of the world, mourning for those people as well. However through these tragedies, we have comfort available to us through the atonement. It was always a nice principle of the gospel growing up, but one I haven't really understood until I've gotten older, and experienced more of life. Now I cling to it with everything I've got. I guess all I can say is that I simply love the Savior and desperately need Him every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment