Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October Conference

I sincerely hope when I get to the other side, and the time comes for me to account for how I taught my kids the gospel, that I'll get tons of mercy and at least a "well, you had good intentions anyway..sure liked that idea you had for conference, sorry it didn't work out..."

The week prior to General Conference we had a nice little family home evening on what conference is about, who speaks etc. Since we have some fairly new General Authorities (church leaders) that my kids aren't familiar with, I decided to print off bios on all the GA's and start reviewing the newest ones. Oh my plan was so wonderful and would have provided an extra sense of spiritual connection to conference I just know it!

However, it didn't quite go as planned. (So unlike us...yeah right!)
We did review the three newest ones in FHE, with the plan to add a couple more each night with our scripture study. Well guess what??? Did we even have scriptures last week? Oh, maybe one day...we fell apart!! I tried to tape more pics up on our fireplace, hoping the kids would at least look at them, however I don't even think they noticed. Maybe next time...

Ironically we really did have a good weekend together listening to and watching General Conference, so all is not lost I suppose. (Sigh)


The pics and bios of some of the General Authorities. The rest of them are in a pile on the mantel...

On Saturday we all worked out in the back yard, clearing out the garden. It's amazing how much we fit into that little truck!! Great stomping guys!


General Conference was blaring out from our CD player, hope the neighbors didn't mind...heck it's good for 'em right??


Parker went to his first Priesthood Session of General Conference with Karl! I was so proud, I could burst! When they came home we had lots of ice cream, and they told us about the meeting. Great day!!

1 comment: