Sunday, October 11, 2009

Grandma Pond

My Grandma Pond passed away last week, and we held her funeral yesterday. Our little family traveled to Oregon to be with our family and to celebrate grandma's life. She was my mom's mom, and the last of my grandparents. I never lived close to her, and didn't know her as well as I would have liked, but I sure enjoyed her company when we were together. A few years ago she came to Utah and we took her to Payson Lakes for a day trip. She and I escaped and took a walk around the lake and just talked. She was a good listener and a thinker, with much wisdom to impart. I was always surprised at the things she noticed about me and my family, she observed everything and was generous with her compliments of me. I loved that about her. She will be missed, however she was old and frail, and ready to go, so it really was a celebration for her I'm sure.




She was a true lady, always dressed up, wearing heels and beautiful, classy jewelry. She dyed her hair to the very end. :) Would you believe this was her 90th b-day party?

4 generations, a priceless picture.

All of my siblings attended except for Allyson who wasn't able to make the trip. All of us grandkids sang "Nearer My God to Thee" at the funeral, it was an honor.

The 4 children: (L-R) My mom, her twin sister Carol, Uncle Vernon, and Uncle Bob. (arrived a little late)

This is my favorite cousin Kari. She and I have been very close friends forever, and I love her very much!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Hope all is going well for your mother!

    ReplyDelete