Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break??

I find it funny how we refer to a week with all the kids home, begging to do something fun every minute ("I'm BORED mom!") as SPRING BREAK?? I guess they didn't call it "Spring break for mom's", now did they...Well, we did have fun, despite the HUGE snow storm that hit us on Wednesday!! We just chose to make lemonade out of lemons...or should I say snowmen/forts out of 2 feet of snow!

On Monday we enjoyed the beautiful 70 degree weather, and played outside all day. Tuesday it rained the whole day, so we went to the BYU Museum of Art and looked at the collections of Walter Wick (the "Eye Spy" guy) and Dan Steinhilber (makes art out of everyday items). The kids loved the displays, we would highly recommend it.

Wednesday we were stunned to see a typical December winter wonderland had hit our yard over night! It was something else! We went swimming in our neighbor's indoor pool, then came home, donned our snow clothes, and played for hours outside. Fun day.

Thursday we were worn out and just hung out at home, I also went to lunch with my cute friend Stephanie, and Friday...hmmm, truthfully it's a blur, I don't remember anything special about the day, (I think I made the kids clean the house..) oh, and Karl and I went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant on a date, then on to Home Depot (very romantical I know, he's mine ladies...) then a stop at Macey's for milk and Capri Sun juice drinks. (well...they were on sale!)

Overall, it's been a crazy, busy last week, when you throw in Easter and all. I'll be glad to send the kids to school tomorrow and re-group a little.


Easter Cousins!
Aunt Allyson and aunt Adrienne hosted an awesome egg hunt for the kids!
Before the storm...Connor get's in a little "kite-flying action"!

April 15th...

The Ferry kids joined the Jensen's in the best snowball fight of all time!

Frosty...he didn't last long.
(I've sure gotten my $5.00 out of those "tole-painted" snowman accessories we made in HOMEMAKING years ago...who knew?!!)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe all the snow! We were in Californa over spring break so we missed the snow fun. Great snow pictures!

    ReplyDelete