Thursday, April 2, 2009

He...SHE... GOT ME!

Generally I'm not a really big prankster kind of person, however once in a while I pull something off on April Fools Day.
Yesterday, I placed a large, rubber snake underneath the top towel in Alyssa's bathroom for her to discover. It worked beautifully. After her shower, she grabbed for the towel, and the snake came tumbling out, right on cue! I had my laugh, the kids went to school and I figured all was done. I even forgot it was April Fools Day, until...10:30pm that night. I had made the mistake of relating my success to my husband that morning, and he got a sneaky look on his face. Dumb me, I dismissed it.
When I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed, I noticed my toothbrush ready for me on the counter, with toothpaste on it and everything! At first I thought Connor had accidentally put toothpaste on the wrong toothbrush, (since he keeps his by mine), realized his mistake and just left it for me. Then I was naive enough to think, maybe someone is serving me. We did a sneaky leprechaun service activity this year, (I'd find my P.J.'s folded and waiting on my bed etc.) and I thought "maybe someone wanted to serve me, what a good mom I am to teach my kids service that lasts...) Ooooh NO, I had been HAD! With it so late, and being totally exhausted, I placed that toothbrush in my mouth, vigorously attacking my teeth, only to discover it was laced with SALT! I spit out the nasty stuff the best I could, and tried to reclaim my mouth. After quizing each of my angelic children who claimed no responsibility, I realized my "soon to be dead" husband was to blame. He got me!

Later this morning...the mystery unravels...and takes an unexpected turn! After reading my blog, Karl called me totally laughing. "It wasn't me! Ha ha! You may want to quiz your 'other daughter'". Apparently my sweet little Ashlyn (who was sleeping when I interrogated the older kids), came to Karl asking which toothbrush was mine, and did the dirty deed all by her little self!! Oh, and Karl, you know how all the soap was missing this morning from the shower??? Guess who???

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Lizzie was going crazy wanting to play tricks all day! How cute of Ashlyn to jump right in and sneak under the radar!

    ReplyDelete