Monday, April 14, 2014

Mom Awesomeness!

So for a while now, I've had a problem that doesn't seem to get solved no matter my approach.  
Here's the deal:  
My teenage boys both like to shower in this particular bathroom.  Fine.  However they both tend to leave their stuff in the bathroom day after day, only coming to retrieve their shoes in the morning before school.  Here is what I've tried thus far...
1.  Basic approach, there is a problem, just fix it.  "Will you guys please remember to pick up your stuff after you take a shower?" 

Didn't change a thing.

2.  Guilt approach:  "I have a ton to do each day, do you think I should have to pick up after you as well?"

No go.

3.  Peer Pressure:  "When you guys get on your missions, and college, your companions/roommates ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE YOUR STUFF EVERYWHERE!"  

Temporary fix, but back to old habits after a few days.

Finally, I hit them where it hurts.

4.  "I just want you to know that I am HAPPY to pick up your stuff in the bathroom each day, NO PROBLEM!!  Just leave me a dollar in the cup on the counter.  If you forget, don't worry, I have a little notebook, and I'll keep track of your tab.  :)"

It's a MIRACLE!! 
The boys have picked up their stuff regularly for a couple of weeks now!!  


Just a little Mom Awesomeness for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment