Tuesday, August 30, 2011

20 Years and 2 months...and counting!

I remember when I was newly married and someone in my ward asked me how long I had been married, I think I said something like,
"oh we've been married for a while, I think it's been about a year and a half..." 
The person smiled, and laughed,
"yeah, that's a pretty long time!" 
 I didn't understand why it wasn't considered a long time, we had friends that had only been married for 3 months or so, and we felt like experts compared to them...
HOWEVER,
 now that 20 years have passed, I do feel like I've learned a thing or two!!  It's been a wonderful journey and I look forward to the next 20..!    :)

We were married on June 28th, 1991, in the Salt Lake Temple.  Two young kids, stepping out into the world together, so happy!  Such a great time!

Not so young, but still making it in the world, together!  20 years is a big deal, and we wanted to celebrate in style, so we started to plan a trip.  Should we go to Europe?  How about a cruise?  We'd been to Hawaii...love to go again...but then we started thinking, well, Alyssa needs a car, and we have a few things left on the basement to finish...our practical personalities took over so we decided to go to Midway, UT and enjoy a few days in this quaint Swiss town.  We had so much fun bee-bopping around on Karl's Vespa scooter and just eating in fun little restaurants, and basically just relaxing. 
It was perfect for us!!  
So blessed to be married to Karl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment