Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rockin 'out and gettin' old

The other day Connor and I were in the car together, and a Culture Club song came on.
 I exclaimed, "Oh this was popular when I was a teenager!" and I began to sing along at the top of my lungs and do my "hand motions while you drive dance"...my kids love it when I do that!!  :)
Anyway, when I stopped, Connor looked at me and shook his head, then said,
"so do you think they're dead now?" 
Oh, son...who I clothe, take to soccer, give money to, clean for, and feed...
HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM??? 

Then yesterday I went into my room...did you get that..MY ROOM, and Ashyln and Taylor were laying in MY BED, watching MY TV...(get the point?)  Anyway, I walked in singing along to the Cat in the Hat theme song, (so maybe I was dancing a little..), and they both looked at me, and Taylor says to me,
"mom, this is a quiet zone."
"Oh? "
Then Ashlyn looks at Taylor,
"well, maybe she could sing a little, if she's quiet". 
Taylor slowly shakes his head back and forth.  "I don't think so." 
Ashlyn gives me the "sorry, I tried look", and they resume watching their TV show. 

Hmmm, what do I do with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment