Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthdays and MORE Birthdays!




September is a big b-day month for us. Well, actually Fall is, we have 6 of our 7 birthdays from Aug. 10th to Nov. 1st. Ashlyn gets the Winter all to herself :) Anyway, Parker and I have a birthday 2 days apart. I'm not so crazy about celebrating my birthdays anymore, so it's great to focus on Parker. As it just so happens, my boy is becoming a man, and turned 12yrs on the 18th! Today he received the Aaronic Priesthood! He is such an awesome kid, truly someone I learn much more from than I ever teach him, to be sure. Karl ordained him and gave him a beautiful blessing, he is so blessed to have a dad who honors his priesthood...we all are. Here are some highlights of our week.


Mom and Me in Park City...shopped all day for my birthday, got some awesome running shoes!
Parker with his friends! He had a night game birthday party!


Parker just received the Aaronic Priesthood! Wonderful!


The Deacon's quorum presidency came to welcome Parker into the Young Men's program. They were steller! They each took turns outlining the duties of a Deacon, and gave him a hearty welcome. I was SO IMPRESSED, and very touched!!

Would you believe he ate the WHOLE thing??




Parker begged us for a unicycle...get this, he wants to learn how to play the banjo, and ride his unicycle!


He practiced all weekend!!

1 comment: