Monday, March 31, 2014

Outdoor Adventures

Parker approached me with a GREAT IDEA!  
"Hey mom, do you think Connor and I could head down to Zion National Park and hike and campout?"
"Um....just the two of you?"
"Yeah!! We'll backpack in and stay a couple nights, then come home."
Outloud I replied, "Um...I'm not so sure that's such a good idea...." 
Inside I thought, "There is absolutely no way a 16yr. old and a 14yr old are driving down to Zion on their own!  New driver, flash flood season, no adult?  Uh, uh."

Luckily Karl stepped in and said,
 "I think it would be really fun for you guys to have some bonding time on Parker's spring break.  How about this, I come with you guys and we go play around for the weekend in Goblin Valley, hiking the slot canyons!" 
MY HERO!

So the three of them headed out and had a fantastic time!

The boys brought 2 lbs of bacon and cooked it over a fire.  Yes, they did have a coleman stove and a pan, but how boring that would have been!!

It worked!

Gorgeous red rock!

They uh, sort of got a little lost, but figured out how to climb their way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment