Friday, August 23, 2013

It all begins again...

I'm one of those moms who loves, loves, loves to play with her kids in the summertime.  Not a second is wasted!  However, when it's time for school to start up, I rejoice!  I love getting my home back in order, catching up with projects and things that have been put on hold, and getting to bed at a good hour.  The kids are happy as well to get back into learning...(although they'll deny it..) and see all their school friends again.
This year was a bit different.  
My sweet Alyssa started COLLEGE!  Holy cow, where did that time go?  Parker is attending a special high school developed for kids who are super smart in the sciences.  Basically they take college courses all through their high school years, and graduate with their HS diploma and an Associate Degree at the same time.  He is really happy and fits in really well.  Connor is the king of the Jr. High being on Student Council and  in 9th grade and all.  Ash and Tay have great teachers and are happy in 5th and 3rd grade.
This is Alyssa's new bedroom.  She'll have some decorating to do, but we bought her this cute quilt and a matching nightstand.

I was quite emotional for me to drop her off at Snow College.  I have all the confidence in the world in her ability to thrive, but it's sure hard to let your daughter "leave the nest".

Parker now gets to wear "street clothes".  No more uniforms for him! 
1st day of School!! 
(Parker actually started the week before, but agreed to be in the pic..::)

No comments:

Post a Comment