Friday, March 22, 2013

Waffle Party

So have you ever heard of a waffle party? 
 Well, we had one tonight.  
It's the end of the term, and a cold Friday night, so Connor invited a bunch of boys from the ward to come and eat waffles, and watch The Hobbit which just came out on DVD.  I will just say, it was a lot of WORK!  (I still have a bunch of dishes waiting for me!)  However, it was super yummy and a fun treat if you're tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol...you know...
pizza and popcorn....

Here is what we had, and what I learned:
  • I borrowed a couple waffle irons from my friend, adding them to the 2 I had.  4 was a good number to keep the waffles coming.
  • 4 types of syrup were perfect.  We had Raspberry (the Kodiak brand from Costco), maple syrup, homemade buttermilk syrup, and homemade chocolate topping. (I have a killer recipe!)
  • We then had some strawberries, mini chocolate chips, whip cream, and sliced bananas.  
  • Paper plates all around were perfect.
  • And Lots and lots of bacon...

As you can see, I didn't waste time making the table cute, or putting the toppings in nice containers...nope...no flower centerpieces either..hey they're 13yrs old!  We did however have plenty of food for those growing boys...they all left the table holding their stomachs...
"I ate 5 waffles!"  "oh yeah?  I ate 6!"  
They are so appreciative and eat anything you put in front of them...much more satisfying than feeding my own family for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment