Monday, February 8, 2010

Testimony Meeting


Yesterday Parker bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. He just got up, surprising us all, and went to the pulpit. Here is his testimony as I remember it. He began by saying,

"So, yesterday I had the great opportunity of cleaning out the chicken coop."


hmmm, we all anxiously wondered...where is he going with this?


"It is a really stinky job and not very fun. And I began thinking about how it can be compared to life. We start out in Heaven, all warm and happy, just like I was in my house, then we come to earth, where it can be cold and dirty. We have lot's of challenges, but we have a job to do on earth. We need to spread the gospel, just like I had to spread around new hay. It makes things less smelly, and we're happier and others are too."

He continued by bearing a sweet testimony of the things he knows to be true.


That's my little Aaronic Priesthood holder!

1 comment: