Monday, December 21, 2009

I Love Primary!


Big news...for me anyway! :) I was called to serve as the Primary President of our ward the week before Thanksgiving. I can't say I was surprised, I started getting Primary ideas about 3 months earlier that didn't have to do with my music calling. I'm somewhat of an idea person anyway (need to work on the organization part...) so I put them out of my mind, but started to wonder if I was being prepared. I've been blessed with the most amazing presidency, hand picked for me for sure!


Yesterday was our first day in Primary together as a presidency. It went really well! I kind of wore 2 hats since my new music leader was in charge of sharing time with her little class, but it all worked out, and I was on cloud 9! I'm going to LOVE this calling! Music stressed me out. (I actually felt relief when I was called as the President..;-) I loved being with the kids, and playing song review games, but truthfully, I wasn't very good at teaching them songs. I learned some valuable lessons through that experience however, and am grateful that I had the opportunity to serve as the music leader.


I don't know a whole lot about Primary, since the majority of my service in the church has been with the YW, but I'm learning, and I couldn't love those kids more! Went to bed with a big smile on my face, and didn't even know it. Karl just started smiling at me, and I looked at him like.."what?" he said, "you're smiling!"
I guess I'm just happy!!

3 comments:

  1. You'll be great! They are so lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be your pianist? When I moved across town, I was called as Primary pianist in my new ward. Two years later, our ward was split. But...I am in a branch! There is no Primary, YW, YM, or Elders!!! I'm Relief Society pianist, but it's not the same as Primary!!!
    You will be a FABULOUS president!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fun for you! I will always treasure the time that I served in that calling. It's very busy, but the kids melt your heart week after week. You are a natural at this kind of stuff. You'll be perfect, no doubt about it. Enjoy every day of it.

    ReplyDelete